The Penn High School Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is involved in activities serving students and staff, including Snowball (winter dance), staff appreciation, and funding grants which benefit our students.
All parents/guardians of Penn students are members of the PTO and are encouraged to participate in monthly meetings. Scheduled meetings begin at 7 p.m. and are held in Faculty Dining at Penn High School. Interested persons should enter Door D.
2018-2019 meeting dates are:
- Monday, Sept. 10
- Monday, Oct. 1
- Monday, Nov. 5
- Monday, Dec. 3
- Monday, Jan. 7
- Monday, Feb. 4
- Monday, March 4
- Monday, April 8
- Monday, May 6
- Monday, June 3 (if needed)
- The PTO will be looking for volunteers for the following events:
- Staff appreciation throughout the year
- Popcorn Fridays one morning per month September through April
- Snowball ticket sales during lunches in mid-January
- Snowball on the evening of Sunday, January 20, 2019
- Teacher Appreciation Week May 6-10, 2019
Penn High School will be looking for parent volunteers for these additional times:
- Prom ticket sales - early May 2019
- AP testing - May 6-17, 2019
- Diploma distribution – Mid-June 2019
All volunteers must complete a permission form for a criminal background check and a volunteer intake form. Forms can be downloaded at https://www.phmschools.org/volunteer-information and turned in to the main office.
The Penn High School PTO is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. If you are interested in making a tax-deductible donation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PTO Officers and Chairpersons:
- Presidents: Jessica Saros & Ann Amico Moran, email@example.com
- Vice President: Kelley Wassner, 574-323-4457, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Aubrey Saros
- Treasurer: Ann Kline
- Volunteer Coordinator: Barb Zuidema, email@example.com
- Snowball Chairs: Shawn & Jessica Saros; ProShow – 574-255-1200; firstname.lastname@example.org