For the 2018-19 school year, Penn High School received an “A” rating from the Indiana Department of Education.
- For grade 10, 82.9% of P-H-M students passed the ELA test and 62.4% passed the Math portion. Penn’s overall combined pass rate for both ELA & Math for grade 10 is 61.2%. This places Penn as 12th among public schools for combined ELA & Math scores in grade 10.
Indiana’s ELA pass rate for grade 10 was 62.4% and the Math pass rate was 35.3%. The State’s overall pass rate for both ELA & Math combined for grade 10 is 33.8% . Penn High School outperformed the state by 27.4%.
At the high school level, the only group to take ILEARN for Biology were those enrolled in Biology for the 2018-19 school year.
- Penn students taking ILEARN Biology outperformed the state by 20%.
Penn has a 97% graduation rate—far exceeding the state’s graduation rate.
Penn High School SAT and ACT scores
SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)
- Class of 2017: 493 graduates took the SAT with an average score of 1132. The average score in Indiana was 1073.
- Class of 2018: 592 graduates took the SAT with an average score of 1135
ACT (American College Testing)
- Class of 2018: 485 graduates took the ACT with an average score of 23.
These achievements are a good illustration of the Penn-Harris-Madison “Triangle of Success” connecting students, teachers, and parents.
The Indiana Department of Education’s INView website provides extensive data on Penn High School including demographics, test results, and enrollment.