For the 2017-18 school year, Penn High School received an “A” rating from the Indiana Department of Education. Overall, 64% of Indiana schools received an A or B. For more information on and to view the 2017-18 School Accountability Grades, please click here to visit the IDOE website. The IDOE has not yet released the Accountability Grades for the 2018-19 school year.
- For grade 10, 82.9% of P-H-M students passed the ELA test and 62.4% passed the Math portion. Penn’s overall combined pass rate for both ELA & Math for grade 10 is 61.2%. This places Penn as 12th among public schools for combined ELA & Math scores in grade 10.
Indiana’s ELA pass rate for grade 10 was 62.4% and the Math pass rate was 35.3%. The State’s overall pass rate for both ELA & Math combined for grade 10 is 33.8% . Penn High School outperformed the state by 27.4%.
At the high school level, the only group to take ILEARN for Biology were those enrolled in Biology for the 2018-19 school year.
- Penn students taking ILEARN Biology outperformed the state by 20%.
Penn has a 97% graduation rate—far exceeding the state’s graduation rate.
Penn High School SAT and ACT scores
SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)
- Class of 2017: 493 graduates took the SAT with an average score of 1132. The average score in Indiana was 1073.
- Class of 2018: 592 graduates took the SAT with an average score of 1135
ACT (American College Testing)
- Class of 2018: 485 graduates took the ACT with an average score of 23.
These achievements are a good illustration of the Penn-Harris-Madison “Triangle of Success” connecting students, teachers, and parents.
The Indiana Department of Education’s COMPASS website provides extensive data on Penn High School including demographics, test results, and enrollment. The Annual Performance Report—sometimes called the “School Report Card”—for Penn High School and all the schools within the Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation can be found on the COMPASS website under the “Accountability” tab.