Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation is transitioning to a new student management system and this has impacted the mailing of schedules. Some schedules were mailed in late July, but not all high school students have received them. If you have not yet received your high school student’s schedule, please email Wendy Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will mail or email your student’s schedule. You can also pick up a copy at the Penn Counseling Office (7 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.) or at the “Walk Around” on Saturday, August 17 (9 a.m. - 12 p.m.).
- A "Walk Around" for Freshmen, students new to Penn, or any student who wants to check the room location for their classes, is welcome to attend the "Walk Around" on Saturday, August 17, from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- On Wednesday, August 28, a week after school starts, there will be a Penn Open House 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Parents can meet with their students’ teachers at this time. Click here to view the parent letter about the Open House.
First Day of School (Wednesday, August 21):
- Click here to view Principal Sean Galiher’s Back to School parent letter mailed to homes in July.
- Students will report to their Gold 1 class, which is scheduled to start at 8:25 a.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 21.
- Students will be able to find their Gold 1 classes on the first day of school if they do not have their schedule by checking the alphabetical lists posted inside doors A, B, C and D. Students will receive their complete schedule in their Gold 1 class.
- All students will receive their textbooks during the first two days of school. Textbooks will not be available prior to the start of school. If you have any textbooks at home, please return them to the school as soon as possible.
- All school and ID pictures will be taken during study hall and lunch the first two days of school. The photographers will be at Penn for an additional two days for any additional students. An information sheet will be mailed separately from HR Imaging before school begins concerning the prices of picture packages. Replacement IDs are $3.
- Emergency contact information cards will be distributed the first day of school. Parents are encouraged to complete all emergency contact information including phone numbers and email address and return the cards immediately to the student’s Gold 1 teacher.
- Immunization information will be included in the student packet that will be distributed the first day of school and are also on the P-H-M website; click here for immunization forms/information.
Schedule Change Information:
UPDATE: All scheduling appointments for Aug. 14, 15 and 16 are full. If you still need to meet with a counselor for a schedule change (not an elective change), come to the Counseling Center on the first/second day of school during the period which you need to change.
- Appointments with counselors may be made to address scheduling errors/omissions and level changes ONLY.
- To make an appointment, please contact Wendy Hayes at (574) 254-2851 or (574) 258-9502 or email her at email@example.com. Counselors are available for appointments between 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Walk-in appointments will be seen as time permits based on the availability of counselors and in the order in which they arrive.
- Counselors will not be available on Monday, August 19 or Tuesday, August 20.
- Appointments will not be made to make changes to electives during the summer.
- Parking passes will be sold/distributed starting on Monday, August 12 from 7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. until Friday, Sept. 13. After Friday, Sept. 13, parking passes will only be sold before and after school.
- Parking passes are only allowed to Juniors and Seniors.
- Click here for Student Parking Pass information.
- Penn Bookstore Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m., Phone: (574) 258-9596
First Week of Fall Athletic Practices
- Girls Golf starts practice on Friday, August 2, with most Penn Athletic Teams official Fall 2019 practices starting on Monday, August 5.
- Students wishing to try out for a team, click here for practice/try-out times.
Freshman Gym Clothes
- Students are required to wear black shorts and gold shirts. These do not have to be Penn Spirit Wear items. But if students wish to purchase Penn Spirit Wear, the Penn Bookstore is open Monday – Friday during Penn hours. The Penn Bookstore will also be open during the "Walk Around" on Saturday, August 17, (9 a.m. - 12 p.m.) and the Penn Open House on Wednesday, August 28 (6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.). Selection of merchandise and prices are not available online. Items must be viewed and purchased in person at the Bookstore.