2015-2016 ReviewPosted on December 17, 2016
Kingsmen teams rolled up a record of 518-129-3 for an 80 percent overall winning percentage in the 2015-2016 school year. In Northern Indiana Conference competition, Penn teams were 264-27 for a 91 percent winning percentage. Penn won 12 of the 19 NIC championships, and was runner-up in four sports.
In Indiana High School Athletic Association state tournaments in 2015-2016, Penn earned the championship trophy in 16 of 19 sectional championships. Penn won nine regional championships, four semi-state championships and one state championship.
Penn’s Girls Basketball team, coached by Kristi Kaniewski Ulrich, won the 2015-2016 state championship.
Penn earned state runner-up status in Football (head coach Cory Yeoman), Girls Soccer (head coach Jeff Hart), and Softball (head coach Beth Zachary).
Three student-athletes from Penn earned the IHSAA’s prestigious Mental Attitude Award – Camden Bohn (Football), Kamra Solomon (Girls Soccer), and Alyssa Griman (Softball).
Remarkable highlights from the 2015-2016 school year include:
- 13 of our 22 Athletic Programs participated in the state finals as a team, individual, or support group
- 38 Student-Athletes earn college scholarships to play at the next level
- Scored 116 out of 100 on the IHSAA Sportsmanship Scorecard
- 1052 student athletes participate on teams. More than that conditioned, participated in open facilities, and tried out for teams
- Student-Athlete average GPA 3.57 on a 4.0 scale.
Last Modified August 18, 2022