Each year the Penn High School students enrolled in Childhood Development classes offer the two unique programs described below for preschoolers in our community.
We encourage you to take advantage of PLAYSCHOOL and TODDLER TIME if you have young children in your household, and to tell your friends as well!
PLAYSCHOOL is offered in the spring semester, and Spring 2017 registrations are being taken now!
The PLAYSCHOOL experience is designed for children aged three and four years old. It is a requirement that children be potty-trained in order to participate.
PLAYSCHOOL classes are scheduled to begin April 13, 2017 and conclude May 17, 2017.
A series of ten classes is offered at a given time slot, each class lasting one hour. The registration form gives all the dates and timeframes.
Download and print the PLAYSCHOOL registration form here.
- Fill it out completely—being sure to mark your first and second choice of times since spots are granted on a first-come-first-served basis!
- Return it to Kylee Wetzel, Family and Consumer Science, Penn High School, 56100 Bittersweet Road, Mishawaka IN 46545
- The enrollment fee of $10 must accompany your registration.
It is very important that children be dropped off on time for PLAYSCHOOL and picked up on time afterwards!
A small circle drive at the southeast corner of the high school (enter off Jefferson Road) provides PLAYSCHOOL parents convenient access to the PLAYSCHOOL entrance at Door K, where high school students are stationed to assist parents. This map will help you find your way.
If you do not want your child’s picture taken and possibly posted on social media for observation and education purposes (children’s names are never listed), please note that on the enrollment form. We will make sure your privacy is respected.
TODDLER TIME is a popular activity for very young children that takes place each fall.
- Children aged one to three are welcomed into the Child Development Classroom at Penn High School where they spend an hour interacting and playing with high school students, as their parents/caregivers remain close by.
- The setting is safe, the students are supervised, and the room is fun!
- TODDLER TIME is conducted in eight sessions scheduled over a period of several weeks.
- The program is free, but pre-registration is required.
- CHECK BACK HERE FOR DETAILS—including session dates and the registration form—ahead of the Fall 2016 TODDLER TIME.
Both TODDLER TIME and PLAYSCHOOL give the Child Development students at the high school an opportunity to plan intellectual, social, and physical development-based lessons, teach these lessons, and observe behaviors of young children.
Both programs are part of Penn High School’s Health and Human Services Academy and are under the direction of certified teacher Kylee Wetzel. Mrs. Wetzel can be reached at (574) 259-7961, extension 20788 or email her at email@example.com for information.
Follow Toddler Time and Playschool on Twitter @PennFACS and on Instagram @ChildDev.PHM.