Penn vs. Valparaiso Varsity Game
New Date: Saturday, August 22
New Time: 12:30 p.m. (ET)
Location: Penn High School’s TCU Freed Field
Tickets: Limited. Click here to purchase. A limited number of tickets will be available at the gate.
- Fans planning to purchase a ticket on site for the Valpo at Penn Varsity Football game (12:30 p.m. ET, Sat., Aug. 22, 2020) must enter at the Larry Beehler Ticket Booth Gate on the North Side of TCU/Freed Field.
- Only All-Sports Passes/online ticket holders can enter through the middle double-gate. They can also enter at the Larry Beehler Ticket Booth Gate.
- All Valpo fans must enter at the South Ticket Booth.
Masks ARE Required!
- Everyone entering the stadium must be wearing a face covering. No mask = No admittance!!!
- Spectators are asked to self-monitor prior to attending the contest for symptoms of COVID-19. Those with symptoms are asked not to attend.
- Hand sanitizer will be located at all entry gates, near all bleachers, and concession areas
Other Guidelines for Spectators
Spectators are expected to wear masks the ENTIRE TIME they are in TCU Freed Field (entering, watching the game, and leaving)
Spectators should sit on their teams designated side of the field
Spectators can sit as a family unit, but should social distance from other spectators at least 6 ft. away
Social distancing at the concession stand and restroom facilities is important
Spectators are asked to leave the facility immediately following the conclusion of the contest
Tickets will be first come, first serve.
*TCU Freed Field modified maximum spectator capacity will be 1,250. This is following the capacity limits of Indiana Back on Track 4.5 and that the event plan be approved by local health officials before proceeding. This plan was approved by the St. Joseph County Department of Health on Monday, August 17, 2020. Tickets will be first come, first serve.
Order of Purchasing Tickets:
- All-Sport Pass holders
- Families of student-athletes and cheerleaders (home and visiting) and Penn Marching Band will be given an advance window to order tickets online before other groups
- P-H-M staff members will be given the next opportunity to reserve a ticket, before the online option is released to the general public
- After tickets have been made available to families and P-H-M Staff, Penn Athletics will release a online ticket link for the general public to purchase General Admission. All online tickets will be $6 because age can not be verified. The window for online ticket sales will close 4 hours before the start of the game.
- All remaining available tickets will be sold at the ticket window beginning 1 hour prior to the start of the game. Once those tickets are sold, no more will be available for spectators.
- Ticket sales will close when we have reached a 1,250 seat capacity
Help Minimize Risk by Bringing Exact Cash
To minimize the risk of exposure the exchange of cash and change should be minimized. Therefore the following recommendations are being encouraged for spectators attending the game.
Band Parking Donation: suggested donation price is $2. Please bring exact cash. Band parent volunteers will ask patrons to drop the money into a container. These donations support Penn Marching Band.
General Admission Ticket Booth Sales: ticket prices are $6 for students and adults, $4 seniors (over 62), preschool age children and younger are free. Please bring exact cash for tickets. There are card readers at the ticket booths. Please note that only a select number of tickets will be available for purchase at the gate due to the online ticket sales for families, followed by staff, followed by General Admission.
Concession Sales: Please try to bring single dollar bils and quarters to minimize the exchange of money. There are card readers at the Concession Stands. Concession sales are operated and benefit the Penn Booster Club.
Unfortunately the JV game is not taking place at this time. Details on the game being rescheduled will be communicated to families by the Penn Coaching Staff. The Penn Freshmen game vs. Valpo will take place on Saturday, Aug. 22, 10:30 a.m. (ET) at the Schmucker Middle School football field. Details on spectator restrictions will be shared by Penn Athletics/Coaching Staff.
Media will be permitted at the Varsity Football game. Penn Athletics COVID Media Guidelines will be shared with media via email.