We want all eighth graders well prepared when making the transition from middle school to Penn High School; that’s why we organize a variety of open houses and other informational sessions to welcome students, help get them prepared, provide scheduling information and answer all questions.
**Shadowing will not be allowed this year.
Penn Counselors will visit each of the middle schools to present information on preparing for high school, including diploma options, graduation pathways, choosing classes, getting involved in extra-curriculars, and a Q&A session.
- Monday, Nov. 15 – Grissom
- Tuesday, Nov. 16 – Schmucker
- Wednesday, Nov. 17 – Discovery
We hope all parents and students will attend the Penn Showcase on Monday, Dec. 6, from 6-8 p.m.
- Tour the Building, see live classes, talk to teachers/students.
Parents, please join us for a presentation including graduation requirements, diploma options, choosing classes, and getting involved at Penn High School. In-district, non-P-H-M Families – information will be included on how to enroll your student. Q&A will be available after each session.
- Last Name A-L presentation will be from 6-6:30 p.m. in the Center for Performing Arts (tour the building after the presentation). Families with student last names A-L are asked to enter through Doors B, C, D, since their presentation is first.
Last Name M-Z presentation will be from 7-7:30 p.m. in the Center for Performing Arts (tour the building prior to the presentation). Families with student last names M-Z are asked to enter through Doors A, M, L to tour the school/classrooms first, and then attend the presentation.
Course Scheduling Resources:
If a student and/or family members are unable to attend any of the Scheduling Information Sessions listed below these Course Scheduling Resources can be helpful: