Penn is an ‘A’-rated school and has also been named a Four-Star School by the Indiana Department of Education (the top honor possible). It is offers a full STEM-certified program and has earned distinction as a Project Lead the Way school. The Early College program offers the opportunity for students to graduate with a college association’s degree, and many dual-credit (college) classes are available. Click here to read more about Penn’s Points of Excellence.
We hope all parents and students will attend the Penn Showcase on Monday, Dec. 5, 2022, from 6 – 8:00 p.m. (”Snow Day” will be Tuesday, Dec. 6, 6 – 8:00 p.m.). This will be a perfect opportunity for you to tour the building with your student, see the live classrooms, talk to teachers, and current students taking certain classes.
At the showcase, Parents can join the Penn Freshman Counselors for a presentation in the CPA (Center for Performing Arts) that will include discussions about:
- choosing classes
- getting involved at Penn High School
college & career pathways
Penn High School is filled with so many opportunities that the choices can be overwhelming. This is a great time to speak to teachers and current students about course options. Some classes will be available to see live in action!
COME EXPLORE PENN HIGH SCHOOL & VISIT CLASSROOMS & MEET PENN FACULTY
- Freshman Academy (Small, interpersonal learning communities)
- Early College Academy (Earn an Associates Degree in high school)
- Fine Arts & Communications Academy (Orchestra, Band, Choir, Dance, TV studio, Sports Journalism)
- Health & Human Services Academy (Biomed, Child Development, Education)
- Management & Business Academy (Internships with area businesses)
- STEM Academy (Robotics, Engineering, Manufacturing)
- World Languages Academy (six languages, incl. American Sign Language)
- Exceptional Education Academy (Student-centered programming)
- Student Initiated Clubs (100+, from eSports to Guitar)
- Student-Athlete Strength & Conditioning (NHSSCA Program of Excellence)
- Club & IHSAA Sanctioned Athletics
- FREE college dual credit offerings! (AP, ACP, and Dual Credit Offerings through Ivy Tech and Indiana University)
Besides the Live Classrooms, students and parents are encouraged to visit the Academy booths, which will be set up around the building, to gain information into the Academy structure at Penn High School. Teachers representing both Academy and elective classes will be available to answer questions and provide information. We will also have representatives of the Early College Academy, Exceptional Education and the Elkhart Area Career Center. We will also have tables with club representatives set up in the Sunshine Hallway. Stop by to see the many club and extracurricular activities available to Penn students.
There will be two informational presentations by Penn’s Counseling Office:
- Last Name A-L presentation will be from 6-6:30 p.m. in the Center for Performing Arts (tour the building after the presentation). Families with student last names A-L are asked to enter through Doors B, C, D, since their presentation is first.
- Last Name M-Z presentation will be from 7-7:30 p.m. in the Center for Performing Arts (tour the building prior to the presentation). Families with student last names M-Z are asked to enter through Doors A, M, L to tour the school/classrooms first, and then attend the presentation.
For those families who live within district, but whose students are not currently in P-H-M, information will be provided on how to enroll your student. Q&A will be available after each session.
The 2023-2024 Program of Studies will be posted here after November 28 (please click here for 2022-2023 Course Scheduling Resources).
Families who live within district, but whose students are not currently in P-H-M:
To pre-register your student, you’ll need to provide:
- Completed Registration packet: Penn Registration Packet
- 2 proofs of PHM residency (current utility bill, mortgage/rental agreement, etc)
- Copy of student’s birth certificate
- Copy of student’s current immunization record
- Report card or progress report from current school
These items can be dropped off to the Counseling Center at Penn, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 574-254-2856 prior to getting your appointment time. We are currently taking pre-registrations the 2023-24 school year. Counselors will have limited appointments available from January 9-19 & 30-31. Appointments will resume after Spring break.
If a student and/or family members are unable to attend any of the Scheduling Information Sessions listed below these Course Scheduling Resources can be helpful: