Penn High School boasts one of the elite Girls Basketball programs in the State of Indiana.The Penn High School Girls Basketball team reached the pinnacle of the IHSAA state tournament by winning the state championship in 2016. The Kingsmen have a strong state tournament tradition, and play one of Indiana’s most competitive schedules. Head Coach Kristi Ulrich has guided the Kingsmen to a 277-36 record in the past 12 seasons. This marks her as the current winningest coach in Indiana Girls Basketball with an 88 percent winning percentage. She has coached 25 Collegiate Basketball Players and five Indiana All-Stars. The program focuses on family, selflessness, accountability, and competing with passion. These values are all centered around a positive culture to help grow and develop dedicated student-athletes.
The 2020-2021 season highlights:
- NIC Champions
- Sectional Champions
- Elite 8 Finish
- 5 Seniors signing to play at the Collegiate Level
- Eighth consecutive year with a 20-win season
- Ranked No. 1 in the State for the second time in School History
Contact Coach Kristi Ulrich at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about trying out for the team, starting with summer workouts.
- Summer High School Workouts: Begin June 1
- Moratorium week - June 28 - July 2
- K-8 Summer Camp - June 14-17
- Penn Girls Basketball League - Fall of 2021 (Start Date is TBA)
- Pre-Season Workouts: Begin after Labor Day
- Tryouts for 2021-2022 Season: October 18-20