Skip to main content


Penn High School’s staff of 10 professional school counselors is committed to assisting students and their parents with emotional, academic and post-secondary issues.


Here are some frequently asked questions that may help you:

 Q: My friend or student is feeling suicidal.  What should I do?!

 A: Please call 911 immediately or take the student to the emergency room. Memorial Epworth is also open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. (574) 647-8400


Q: The grade listed on HAC is incorrect, or my teacher made a mistake in calculating my grade. How is this addressed?

A: Counselors cannot change or round grades.  We ask that you contact the teacher directly by using the PHM voicemail directory at 574-259-7961.  You may also contact the main office to speak with the Principal.


 Q: I need my final transcript sent to my college/university.  How does this happen?

A: Seniors were given instructions to submit a transcript request to Sean Penney by sending the request through .  If you are trying to make the request through and are experiencing an issue, contact Parchment at 888-662-0874 or Mr. Penney at 258-9582 for more help.


Q: When will my grades be finalized?  I would like a copy of my transcript.

A: The deadline for teacher grades is Friday June 8th.  Please contact the registrar beginning June 18th at 258-9502.


Q: I never received my online summer school information.  Who can I contact about this?

A: Contact Information:

Teacher-Taught Summer School: PE, Health, Kick Start, EC Courses, SAE 

Brenda Chaffee- Phone: 574-258-9524

Online Summer School: Mon-Fri (8:00 AM-3:30 PM)

All Email Communication:

Phone: 574-968-9626


Q: My schedule is incorrect or I would like to change a class for 2018-2019 school year.  How do I do that?

A: Please call beginning August 1st to schedule an appointment with a counselor on staff at 258-9502.



The Counseling Center will have new hours starting in August.  We will be open from 7:30 a.m. until 3:45 p.m. Monday – Friday.