Who can use the P-H-M Fitness Center?
All P-H-M employees are welcome to come and enjoy the Fitness Center at no cost. P-H-M students (ninth grade or older) can use the Fitness Center free of charge. All P-H-M employees must show their staff ID to use the Fitness Center. All students must have their school ID with them to use the Fitness Center. Children are not allowed in the Fitness Center at any time. Click here for more details on the students’ use of the Center.
Call (574) 254-2870 for more information.
Residents of the Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation are also welcome to come and enjoy the Fitness Center free of charge. Patrons must show a valid photo ID or drivers license to use the Fitness Center. At the Fitness Center, patrons can use the weight machines, kettle bells, the aerobic area, and the use of the gym and indoor track. All participants should enter and exit the Fitness Center through Door G at all times.
Fitness Center hours during school hours:
- Monday thru Friday 5:45 – 7:45 a.m.: Penn students, P-H-M staff, and P-H-M community members welcome
- Saturdays 8:00 a.m. – Noon only: Penn students, P-H-M staff, and P-H-M community members welcome
- Monday thru Thursday 3:17 – 5:30 p.m.: Penn students and P-H-M staff welcome
- Monday thru Thursday 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.: P-H-M Staff and P-H-M community members welcome
- Monday thru Thursday 6:30 – 8:25 p.m.: Penn students, P-H-M staff, and P-H-M community members welcome
In the event P-H-M schools are closed, or the decision is made to cancel evening events, the cancellation will include the Fitness Center. If there is a 2-hour delay, then the Fitness Center will not be open for the early morning before school hours.
The Fitness Center will be closed on the following dates:
- Saturday, May 4
- Saturday, May 25
- Monday, May 27
Penn Fitness Center Offers ...
The Fitness Center has new flat screen TV's where members can workout and watch current events and sports programs, as well as free WiFi. And don't forget our Walking Track!
New cardio and weight machines have just arrived in the Fitness Center ~ come check out the new equipment!
The following activities are also available in the Fitness Center:
- Basketball on Monday and Thursday evenings from 6:30 p.m. -8:25 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m.-11:45 a.m.
- Pickleball on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 6:30 p.m.-8:25 p.m.
- Badminton on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 6:30 p.m.-8:25 p.m.
When the P-H-M School Corporation is closed due to inclement weather ...
In the event the corporation closes school for the day, the Fitness Center will also be closed. If evening activities are canceled, the Fitness Center will also be closed. Please note, however, that 2-hour school delays do not affect the Fitness Center.
When schools in the Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation must be canceled or delayed due to inclement weather, announcements will be posted on Penn-Harris-Madison’s main website at http://www.phmschools.org/. The school district can provide more detailed information than the media can.
Announcements are also made on the following television stations: WSBT (Channel 22), WNDU (Channel 16), WSJV (Channel 28), and ABC (Channel 57).