Skip to main content

Enrollment requirements

All enrollments are done by appointment. Please call (574) 254-2851 to schedule your appointment. 


To enroll at Penn High School as a resident student, you must provide:


  • Two proofs of residency within Penn-Harris-Madison district boundaries. (Acceptable proofs include lease, mortgage or rental agreement; recent utility bill, tax statement or utility receipt with your name and address on it.)
  • Student’s birth certificate
  • Student’s updated immunization records
  • Withdrawal paperwork from previous school
  • Unofficial transcript or report card from previous school
  • Custody or court papers (Note: A student MUST live with their custodial parent unless court documented custody papers are provided. Third-party guardianship is not allowed at P-H-M.)

All registration paperwork must be completed and turned in before you meet with the guidance counselor. Parents, please print, fill out and turn in these forms prior to your student’s appointment.   Completed forms can be emailed to

We will also need to know:
  • What grade will your student be in?
  • What school did your student last attend?
  • What is your student’s birth date?
  • Does your student have an IEP (Special Education Services) or 504 Plan?
To make an appointment to enroll, please call Wendy Hayes, Enrollment Secretary at (574) 254-2851 or email .

Non-resident Enrollment


Admission of non-resident students is managed in accordance with state law and board policy. Here is information on non-resident enrollment in the Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation.